It’s summer, school is out, and a lot of us are planning vacations. But what about our furry family members?? What are the options for them??
- Hire a pet sitter, and leave your cat at home. Many cats are far more comfortable staying in the environment they know at home, rather than going to a boarding facility. Having a pet sitter come to the house once or twice a day, to feed and water, clean litter boxes, and possibly play or cuddle can be a perfect option. Look for pet sitters on these sites:
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters
- Pet Sitters International
- If driving somewhere by car, you may consider taking your cat with you. Plan for a large carrier for the car, where you can provide them with a small litter box, and look for hotels along your route that are pet friendly. The chains below can be found across the US, are pet friendly, and have discounts with CFA:
- La Quinta (Code CATFAN9)
- Motel 6 (Code 542766)
- Red Roof (VP# 526223)
- If you’re flying, you can bring your cat in cabin with you. Check with your individual airline for their rules and fees – most have a limited number they allow in cabin, and you will need to make a reservation, and may need to visit your vet just before the trip for a health certificate. This article contains some great tip for getting your cat adjusted to flying.