The Cat Fanciers’ Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1906. The first cat shows licensed by CFA were held during 1906 – one in Buffalo and one in Detroit. The first Annual Meeting was held in 1907 at Madison Square Garden.
Today, CFA has over 600 member clubs and sanctions cat shows around the world.
The objectives of The Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc. (CFA) are:
- The promotion of the welfare of cats and the improvement of their breed;
- The registration of pedigrees of cats and kittens;
- The promulgation of rules for the management of cat shows;
- The licensing of cat shows held under the rules of this organization; and,
- The promotion of interest of breeders and exhibitors of cats.