It’s Valentine’s Day this coming week and a time to show our love and appreciation for the ones we share our lives with and that must include our cats! I am sure like me, you are grateful for the chance to share your life with four crazy cats. They always make us feel better if I am sad and give me something to laugh about each day.
Photo: Krysia Reed
The five best things about having a cat are:
1. When you wake up they are happy to see you. Even if they are standing above you on your pillow waiting to eat.
2. They want to be near you when you are working at your computer. I won’t even discuss the amount of hair in my computer!
3. They make me laugh when they are in their crazy moods, racing through the house and playing, just because.
4. They remind me to be curious about everything and that curiosity is good for anyone at any age.
5. They give me peace. Peace of mind and soul.
Photo: Carol Real
As pet parents, what more can we ask for? Hug Your Cat this Valentine’s Day and don’t forget to show them your love and appreciation.
Pet lovers can celebrate their heartfelt love for their four-legged friends through the Iams Love Tails contest, which kicked off on Valentine’s Day. Iams will search for real stories from pet owners about the unique bond they share with their dogs and cats. And, the winning two and four-legged “family” will star in Iams next national advertisement! Consumers can log on to the Iams Facebook page through March 3 of this year, and follow the easy steps to enter the contest.
Building off the highly successful Keep Love Strong advertising campaign unveiled in November of last year, which features heart-warming ads inspired by real stories, this contest is designed to find the very best Love Tails featuring the special connections people share with their animals.
Iams Love Tails Contest Details
• Submit your story from Feb. 14 through March 3 by visiting the Iams Facebook page and following the easy steps. www.facebook.com/Iams
• Share a photo and tell us in 500 characters or less about the unique relationship you have with your dog or cat and how Iams helps you show your love.
• Once the submission phase is over, Iams will select 50 stories (25 dog and 25 cat) as semi-finalists.
• From the semi-finalist Love Tails, Iams will select 10 finalists (5 dog and 5 cat) and each will win a cash prize and free Iams food for a year.
• In April, Iams will ask its Facebook fans to choose their favorite Love Tail from the group of finalists and one grand prize winner will be selected.